Monday, May 5, 2008

Service Learning Week #4

This week we did a lot of work.We have a letter to present to Dr. Davidson,letters for grants and we even have a rough draft for a bill.Things are coming along very well in our group.With all this good, you would think there was no bad, but there is.This week people were playing around and joking.I heard a lot of music and ruckus, I continually told them to quiet down.They did not listen the first 2 times.After the third time they did settle down...a bit.
The good for this week is pretty obvious, we have something to show and plans to put our project into motion.Our project is moving along now.It is picking up pace.The grant group did very well.Veasna has a draft for the grant letter and will be furthering his part.The group that is approaching Dr. D has many ideas and a thought out process to approach him by.My group has a draft of our bill and even came up with an NHD season for the school store.We have started to finalize our plans and we are moving along very well.
The bad this week was of course behavior.This group has very intelligent people, but they are not showing it.People are listening to music and on chairs playing around.They waste time and do not follow my directions.It seems to me that people in the group don't see that I am the leader,I do not want to give out and bad grades, but I will if I have to.I have a responsibility to the group and those in it to care of any nuisances.
To wrap up this reflection I want to commend the people who are working hard.I would like to commend Veasna for finishing a draft even though is team member wasn't here.He did what he needed to do and did it well.Jess wrote up the letter for Dr. D and got the her groups ideas down on paper.Brandon,John and Tabitha did very well this week.They contributed many ideas and worked very hard.I can tell that all the people I commended are serious about our project.To the rest of my team members who read this, please stop the nonsense and try your hardest so I can commend you and give you a good grade.

No comments: