Monday, April 14, 2008

My Service Learning Project

Wells people my service learning project is mentoring for our school. It's pretty simple, my group is coming up with ways to help our new school kids. We are planning on making a "How To Survive Constitution High School" guide. It should help our student tremendously and hopefully help our new students adapt to our school a lot faster.
I have the feeling that the guide will only take a few weeks and we will have to come up with something else to do. So some of my ideas are:
1)Guide on problem solving and avoiding conflicts.
2)System for sorting out issues, alternative to peer mediation.
3)Student mentors who have more of a role in the students lives.
4)More students who are committed to their students.
These are only a couple ideas for my service learning project. I hope that my group will shape up and be the best that we can be. My group is a bit shaky right now, but I have full confidence that we will be able to overcome that and better ourselves. Until next time see you later.

No comments: